Winners bloom at flower show
This year’s Flower and Vegetable Show hosted by The Creemore Horticultural Society at Station on the Green on July 16 was a great success with 191 separate entries, including many from first-time participants.
The winners of the major prizes are:
• Special Award for Best in Design – Judges’ choice: Linda Kelly for “Country Living.”
• Hisey’s Award for Annuals: Vida Stripinis.
• Community Award – Broken Pot Gardens: 1st place, Linda Kelly; 2nd place, Kathy Meeser; third place, Melissa Doherty.
• Special Display – A Period Design: 1st place, English Allotment Garden by Kathy Burton and Amanda Evans; 2nd place, A Lady’s Boudoir circa 1920s by Gail Cocker, Melissa Doherty, Angelina Stokman, and Vida Stripinis; and there was a tie for 3rd place, Creemore Horticultural Society 1921 by Kathy Meeser and Dorothy Shropshire; and After the Party Roaring 20’s by Linda Kelly and Liz Smith.
• Best in Show – Judge’s Choice: Gail Cocker, Melissa Doherty, Angelina Stokman and Vida Stripinis for their Special Display, A Lady’s Boudoir circa 1920s.
• Most Outstanding in Cultural Division: Norah Mills, perennial division.
• Lucky Draw by the Creemore
Flower Company: Marie Kidd. The Creemore Horticultural Society thanks Dorothy Shropshire and her Flower Show Committee for putting together this event, and sponsors who donated many of the prizes: Creemore Village Pharmacy, The Creemore Echo, The Bank Café, and The Creemore Flower Company.